House Rules & Expectations
Westminster, MD Sober Living Home For Women
While at Maddie’s House these guidelines are not to deter or distract you, but to provide the foundation necessary for addiction recovery. Responsibility is the building block for addiction recovery and re-entry back into the world in which you will be productive and self-sufficient. Self-discipline, self-respect, cooperation, and consideration for others are essential to the recovery process. These are building blocks for personal growth and development. These behaviors must be practiced to become a way of life – a way of living sober. Successful recovery is a change in thinking and behavior, instead of using or drinking. Rules are enforced for the “good of the entire community “ while living at Maddie’s House.
These rules are intended to ensure that sobriety as a group is the priority. Expectations are necessary but not limited to the following areas:
Our admission criteria is as follows:
Free from substance use – must be able to pass drug/alcohol screening
Interview with House Administrator and Director
First two weeks rent of $275.00
Family & Sponsors
Balance and respect is part of the foundation we build in Maddie’s House and is taken seriously. Therefore the impact their sponsors and family have on the women of the house is important.
We understand that family is important to the residents of Maddie’s House, and so is the assimilation of residents in their new home.
Please abide by these few guidelines during the residents first two weeks on “Blackout.” This serves a dual purpose for everyone to establish balance and respect at Maddie’s House.
Please familiarize yourself with the House Rules. They are to protect our residents, their personal space and the confidentiality of the house.
1. During the first two weeks of “Blackout Period,” no family visits are permitted. However, at a PRE-APPROVED TIME, family may drop off food/clothes to the house. EVERYTHING MUST BE EXAMINED by a House Administrator prior to being given to the resident.
2. No computers or cell phones are permitted for the first 30days. A house phone is available.
3. Family may call a resident on the House phone, 443-952-7143. PLEASE LIMIT CALLS TO 15 MINUTES. During “Blackout” all calls must take place in the office.
4. Family is encouraged to visit at Maddie’s House after “Blackout” has been lifted. After “Blackout” curfew is 10pm week nights and 11pm weekends.
5. Residents must have an APPROVED PASS before leaving the house with anyone.
6. After “Blackout” family is encouraged to take residents to their doctors appointments, IOP or other important appointments.
7. Maddie’s House does have special occasions where family is encouraged to attend.
***PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE “BLACKOUT” PERIOD CAN BE EXTENDED DEPENDING ON THE BEHAVIORS OF THE INDIVIDUAL RESIDENT***
The following is meant to make you aware of the rules and guidelines for the residents of Maddie's House if you decide to become a temporary sponsor or a sponsor.
1. During the first two weeks of Maddie’s House “Blackout Period,” you need to meet with your sponsee only at Maddie’s House.
2. For the first 30 days after the “Blackout Period,” sponsor/sponsee meeting should still be held at Maddie’s House
3. Sponsors are encouraged to take sponsees to recovery meetings. Sponsors should also return their sponsees to the house afterward.
4. Sponsors need always respect Maddie’s House rules. If you aren’t familiar with the rules, click here.
5. Please respect all residents of the house, their personal space and confidentiality. This is there home.
6. During “Blackout Period,” residents are on the “buddy” system. A “buddy” is an approved housemate or sponsor. They are not permitted to go anywhere alone or with the family.
7. During “Blackout Period,” curfew is 10 PM seven days a week. After “Blackout Period,” curfew is 10 pm week nights and 11pm weekends.
8. If any special circumstances arise or if you have any questions, please call Wanda Semies at 443-398-0526. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response.
***WE WANT YOU TO KNOW WE APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND WILLINGNESS TO HELP ANOTHER RECOVERYING WOMAN***